Saturday, November 24, 2012

Article Writing and The Secret Of Keeping It High Value


Do you find it hard to know what to write? Sometimes I sit with my laptop staring at the screen wondering if I am going to be able to offer anything of value to my readers. I really don't just want to churn stuff out for the sake of it, which really doesn't help anyone.

A few years ago I was a leader in a small church, it was pretty much the same challenge there too. Every week at least twice I would need to stand up and deliver a message, a new message or an old message retold. It was usually the same audience so I couldn't re use the same thing week in week out. Though once I did stand up and say, "you haven't done what I said last week, so I'm not going tell you any more".

Every delivery had to be fresh, new illustrations and explanations. Each week I needed to inspire and encourage. I learnt two things that enabled me to keep up with this for several years.

1. Input - If you are going to keep putting out quality content, you are going to need more input. For me this is mostly in the way of reading. I devour books! All sorts of books but particularly books relating to success, business, personal development, leadership, and anything else which relates to my online business. More recently I have used CD's in the car, online videos and webinars. But the best thing about books is that what you read seems to stick better in mind that what you hear. You can also go back easily and reference things, get quotes etc.

2. Get out - Having lots of input is one thing but having an original thought or something useful to say is quite another. The secret is to get out more. Create space to think and digest all the stuff you've been inputting. I find that going for a long walk or bike ride is ideal, even driving. Or do something that doesn't require a lot of thinking, painting and decorating works well for me. Anything as long as you can let your mind wander over the things you've been reading or listening to. You soon find that fresh ideas start to take shape and you have something original and worthwhile sharing. Of course when you get to sit down and write you also have some reference points to help you build your argument. Capture your thoughts straight away. Either write them down or I often use the voice memo app on my phone.

I hope this is helpful to you in getting more productive with your writing. Don't forget that the better the content we write the better and bigger the following is likely to be of readers.

Six Great Ezine Content Ideas   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。